The significant organs deterioration of elders reduces their functions and cause low immune system abilities. Their sicknesses and accidents are obstacles to the living of elders,
Most of the elders aren’t in the favor to visit doctors and choose to purchase the over-counter medicines or take the same medicines they took or the symptoms they used to have. This is a very harmful medication as it might affect and worsen health conditions.
Do or not to do in medication
– Elders have more fat proportion and less hydrated cells which cause the cumulated medicines composition. It could be toxicant to the body. The medicine will last its effect longer. So, the medication should be prescribed by doctor only.
– Medicine metabolism or change in the body, especially the smaller size of the liver highly risks the accumulated medicine compositions. Kidney drug excretion functions less due to the age. Using over-counter drug or the same old drugs will have bad effects to the body.
– If the over-counter drugs are indeed needed, the pharmacists should be informed about the symptoms thoroughly.
– Remember drugs’ names and inform the pharmacist if it’s the regular drugs used.
– Beware of the use of bolus. Even it’s an herbal drugs but it’s a steroid type which reduce joint pain effectively. It has many a long-term effects such as cancellous bone, adrenal gland disorders, diabetes, and high blood pressure etc.
– Some medicines have effects when consuming with supplementary food. So, consulting with doctors is the safest and correct to the disease.
– The body or health change also effect the ability of drug taking. So, the same old medicines shouldn’t be consumed even it used to work efficiently before as the current health status might stimulate the side effects.
The safe way for medication among elders is to consult the doctors and should never buy the over-counter drugs and take the same old drugs as it might be harmful. Family members should play the important roles in taking care of the elders’ medication for its best benefits.