Gout is the top disease found among elders. It causes from Purine use and excretion disorders. Meat, wheat, and offal contain high Purine which contributes to an excess of uric acid in the body. It gives severe joint pain. This disease is an inherited genetic disorders.
The main cause of Gout is diet and the lack of exercise. It’s mostly found in male aged over 40 years old and the menopause female.
It symptom are warmth, pain, and swelling in joint. It gives the limited movement. The symptom doesn’t last long. It mostly affect the joints of the feet or knees. It can also cause Urolithiasis.
Self-care is and essential in Gout patient, especially having diet control together with a proper exercise. Practices for gout patient self-care are
– Have a proper portion of normal diet and avoid noxious food suggested by doctors.
– Have appropriate rest. An inadequate sleeping hours can easily cause acute gout.
– Take only prescribed medicines. The patients should have the medicine with them the whole time for a continual intake.
– Appropriate diet for the disease such as no alcohol, offal, shrimp paste, canned fish, and appropriate portion of meat and some vegetable etc.
– Fit shoe size to reduce the pain from tight shoes which can cause an acute Gout.
– Weigh control. Gaining too much weight or obesity complicate the Gout treatment and may worsen the symptom.
– Drink a lot of water. Gout patient usually easily have kidney stone. They need at least 8 glasses per day.
As Gout is the chronic disease which is completely incurable, it tortures the daily living. Gout patients should take prescribed medicines, abide by the doctor’s suggestions, and control diet and nutrition for the quality of life.