Although it’s rarely found, it could happen from the facial nerves disorders causing muscular weaken which effects chewing, swallowing, peaking, and facial expression. The significant symptom is the effect to the face shape and facial movements.
Cause of the disease
– Tumors at the upper brainstem
– Brain injuries
– Other diseases such as multiple sclerosis, Parkinson disease, Neurosyphilis etc.
– Facial muscular weakness which effects the ability to swallowing, speaking, pronunciation.
– Uncontrollable drooling; unable to stick the tongue out.
– Inappropriate emotion expression such as laugh or cry
– Abnormal jaw reflex
This disease cannot be completely cured but can be treated due to its current symptom such as abduction relief medicines, Atenolol, antioxidant drugs etc.
– Beware of choking and emotional expression as eating and swollen food are struggling in this patients. Choking can lead to infected respiratory track and lungs.
– Mind the mental illness such as depression. The understandable caretaker is needed.
– Good exiting disease control such as diabetes, high blood pressure, and hypercholesterolemia as it causes arterial wall clot
To prevent the disease, apart from those practices mentioned above, you should stop smoking, obesity and should do appropriate exercise and beware of brain injuries